PRAWTECH Terra manifold chambers, R and Z series
The wide range of Terra manifold chambers is a component of the PRAWTECH ground source system for heat pumps. The TERRA chamber consists of a geothermal manifold permanently installed in a black polyethylene chamber. The chamber has been designed to protect the hydraulic distributor against the pressure of soil and ground water and guarantee access to basic regulatory and service operations.
The Prawtech Ltd. offers manifolds in the following chambers:
● Terra MINI chamber in the range of 2-6 sections
● Terra OPTI chamber in the 2-14 sections
● Terra PRO chamber in the range of 15-28 sections
● Terra UNI cascade chamber in the 2-3 sections
All PRAWTECH manifold chambers are equipped as standard with 40mm ground sections. The diameter of the transition F&R pipes is 63 mm for chambers from 2-6 sections, 90mm for chambers in the range of 7-14 loops and 110mm for larger configurations *(15-28 loops)
All PRAWTECH manifold chambers are delivered to the customer after passing the pressure and flow tests in accordance with the internal quality control procedure.
The plastic manifold for the ground source system consists of two collector bars made of HDPE100/RC with particular number of outlets (so-called ground source sections/loops).
- The R-series supply manifold bar is equipped on each section with brass inline flowmeter in the range of 8-38 l/min. Flowmeters allow for regulation of the flow and cutting off a given section of the geothermal installation through a ball valve integrated in the body of the flowmeter.
- The return manifold bar is equipped with a cut-off ball valve on each section. The ball valves allow complete cut-off of the flow individually for each ground source loop.
Adjustment of the flow should only be made by adjusting the flowmeters. The valves are only used to cut off the flow.
Each of TERRA chamber manifold bars is equipped with a ¾” (for 2-6 way) or 1 " (for 7-28 way) internal thread air relief/filling valve. These sections allow you to effectively flush, fill and vent the ground source system.
The valves and flowmeters are installed in the distributor in a way that allows their easy replacement. Brass elements have been integrated with the plastic part of the manifold by union connections, whose unscrewing guarantees access to service activities such as part replacement or its inspection.
TERRA PRO chambers are designed for power plants. In order to increase the comfort and safety of operating the hydraulics of the ground source system, the PRO series chambers are equipped with a DN100 lug wafers mounted on the main collectors (supply and return) bars. The valves allow to separate the entire hydraulics od manifold together with the heat exchanger field from the flow and return pipes and the heat pump's engine room.
Terra UNI cascade chambers are a specialized product line dedicated to the operation of complex ground source systems. Their task is to integrate the predesigned borehole fields by centrally connecting individual manifold chambers. UNI cascade chambers are compatible with the whole series of PRAWTECH chambers: MINI, OPTI and PRO. For this reason, they come in three standard configurations, alternatively with valves and connections DN 50 (transition F&R pipes 63mm), DN 80 (transition F&R pipes 90mm) or DN 100 (transition F&R pipes 110mm).
Basic product characteristics
● The ground source manifold in-built inside the chamber is responsible for transporting the antifreeze fluid from the heat pump to the ground and back towards the heat pump's engine room. The products are designed to work with anti-freeze based on glycols. Fluids recommended by the manufacturer are propylene and ethylene glycols with addition of corrosion inhibitors and anti-foam additives. More details are available in: PRAWTECH chemical strength card.
● The construction of the geothermal manifold built into the chamber also allows for proper flushing, filling and venting of the ground source collectors.
Detailed technical information on product assembly can be found in Design and installation guidelines for PRAWTECH ground source system on www.prawtech.pl
Configuration of sections and flow and return pipes of a manifold chamber
All PRAWTECH manifold chambers are equipped as standard with 40mm ground source sections. The diameter of the flow and return pipes is 63 mm for chambers from 2 up to 6 sections (Terra MINI chamber), 90 mm for chambers in the range of 7-16 section (Terra OPTI chamber) and 110 mm for chambers in the range of 15-28 section (Terra PRO chamber).
The custom configuration for Prawtech products is available. Each time the additional payment is defined by the manufacturer and depends on the scale and scope of individual applications.